Strawberry and Raspberry dessert :
These fruits are two of the berries that gives the strongest flavor to a desert when use them.
Besides their strong flavor, strawberry and raspberry deserve a place of honor because they have a high-fiber content. Raspberry and strawberry are high in calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamin C, bine-building vitamin K, phytochemicals, ellagic acid, the very last having anti-carcinogenic and anti-mutagenic activity.
I have chosen these two berries, because I like them most, but feel free to combine or replace them with any other berry of your convenience.
If you want to surprise your hubby with a “big heart” of the finest French Chocolate in the world, see chocolate and order today for a “sweet Valentine’s Day”.Ingredients for strawberry and raspberry dessert:
12 Chocolate Chip Cookies or any other cookie you prefer
8 oz. (1 pkg.) Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup crushes strawberries
1/2 cup raspberries
8 oz. Cool Whip Whipped Topping – or heavy whipping cream
1 cup strawberry and raspberry for topping
1. Arrange cookies in a single layer on bottom of any shaped pan ( I have used little heart, little circle, and little square shape); Set aside
2. Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Stir in crushed strawberry and raspberry. Add whipped topping and stir with wire whisk until smooth. Pour over cookies.
3. Freeze overnight or until firm.
4. Remove from freezer and allow to stand for 10 minutes to soften.
5. Top with the berries crushed and mixed together just before serving.
TIPS for this delicious strawberry and raspberry freeze:
1. If use Cool Whip Whipped Topping, you don’t need to add sugar to the mix. If use heavy whipping cream, you might need to add some sugar since this is not sweetened.
2. You can use just a big pan, instead of several small pans.
3. Leftover dessert must be kept in freezer
4. If want to have mini-freezes, use small shapes but preferable with a detachable bottom or no bottom at all.
I hope you will try it!