Vegetable Side Dish:
Looking for a healthy vegetable side dish? Make your dinner complete with this vegetable side dish ,one of the tastiest and appealing food creations. The outcome for this vegetable side dish will amaze you. Vegetable side dish is commonly used with main courses but this particular one can be served as a simple meal too.
It’s love at first bite when you get a combination of sweet-and-spicy flavor with just the right amount of garlic and onion in this recipe. The vegetables are sliced thin, seasoned with salt, pepper and drizzled with olive oil. Roasting the vegetables intensify their flavor and gives them a bit of sweetness.
Total Time: 1 hour prep 15 min cook 45 min
Shallot or leek
Fresh Garlic minced
Persian Cucumber, Eggplant
Red Bell Pepper
Ham or Turkey
Red Pepper (cayenne)
A pinch Vegetable Side Dish Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, pour olive oil and saute the yellow onion finely chopped until translucent. Then add minced garlic, season with salt, red pepper and smoked paprika and continue to cook until soft (5 min.).
- Thinly slice all vegetables. In a bowl mix all the vegetables with salt, black pepper and olive oil and set aside.
- Cut each slice of Canadian bacon in four.
- Grease with some olive oil a square baking dish and spread the onion and garlic on the bottom of the dish.
- Start placing the sliced vegetables and Canadian bacon in the dish, trying to find a pattern. Add chopped green onion on top.
- Cover the dish and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and and top with cheese. Bake for 10-15 more or until the cheese is golden brown.9. Serve with Beets in Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
- For better results, use a smaller amount of cheese for topping the dish.
- Sprinkle the dish with finely chopped Italian parsley for an even better flavor.
- You can use a combination of onions: yellow and red since yellow gives you a spicier flavor while red onion is more sweet.
- Add garlic after the onion is cooked because it burns fast (it cooks faster).I was asked, how come I saute the food, knowing that this cooking process is not healthy – is a frying process?
Well, in my research I have found that olive oil is the most stable fat when heated. Its high smoking point is 210°C , which is above the ideal temperature for frying food (180°C).