Always, when you have the chance, eat fresh, raw vegetables. But I love roasted vegetables too. You will find a lot of roasted vegetables based recipes here, just because they are very delicious, easy to make and very healthy…
The good thing about roasted vegetables is that you can roast ANY kind of veggies you are thinking of and the flavor is amazing.
Trace the word “Vegetable” and you get “vigorous”, “active”, “strong” and “lively.
For the small number of calories they have, they contains the most nutrients compared to other class of food.
Many times, if correctly cooked, vegetables can be combine with various foods and create a delicious, healthy and easy to make dish.INGREDIENTS
You can use whatever you have in your refrigerator. Also, you can roast even frozen vegetables
- 3 carrots
- 4 oz dry orzo
- 1 parsley root
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil or chicken broth
- 1 small sweet potato 1 small onion
- 1 medium red onion ½ red bell pepper
- 1 green zucchini 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 yellow zucchini ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese or any other hard cheese
- 1 cup broccoli Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cut asparagus
- ½-1 cup low fat milk
- 1/2 green or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- salt and pepper to taste (if prefer you can use herbs too)
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil-3 cloves of garlic
PREPARATION ROASTED VEGETABLES:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 ºF. Dice all the vegetables into pieces that are approximately the same size. In a large bowl, mix all vegetables with salt, pepper and all herbs you want to have. Then add olive oil.
2. Pile the vegetables into a baking pan, and pour more olive oil if prefer.
Raw, ready to go Veggies
3. Place the baking pan in the oven for 30 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and very gently stir the vegetables. When all cooked remove the pan from the oven and let the vegetables cool.
ORZO PASTA SALAD:
1. Cook orzo according to the instructions on the package.
2. Dice the onion and pepper into small pieces. In a saucepan add oil or chicken broth and sauté onion and pepper for 2 min. Add goat cheese, mozzarella and milk. Mix and let it cook for about 3 minutes. Set aside and while hot add orzo pasta. Mix together and season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve with roasted vegetables.